Monday, March 9, 2009

Malcolm X Post 6

As I was finishing up the book and approaching Malcolm's death, I was wondering what had become of the Nation of Islam after his death and up until now. With much help from wikipedia I found out that it is still alive and running. Although Elijah Muhammad is now dead (and has been since 75) with their new controversial leader being Louis Farrakhan . I have also found out that there are many famous or infamous members including rappers Snoop Dog and Ice Cube. The Maryland and Virginia sniper, and Muhammad Ali had once joined but eventually converted to Sunni Islam. I found this interesting that the NofI still has an affect on the US today. Also, I had always wondered why Malcolm didn't spend more time in the heavily segregated south.  I tried researching the topic but could not come up with any information. 

No comments: